You’ve done the hard part. Your business is off the ground, and your services are carefully designed for new clients. Now it’s time to market yourself. The world of local search is everchanging, which means keeping on top of the latest trends and innovations is troublesome, to say the least. Local SEO is crucial, though. It’s all about increasing the visibility of your business within your community. With a physical location, your business deserves more attention from local community members.
To the average marketing specialist, local SEO is well known. To an everyday business, however, understanding the metrics can be confusing. Here’s what you need to know about local search:
- Claim listings – On sites such as Google, Bing, Twitter, and Yelp, your business’ physical location is listed. As the owner, you need to claim the listing.
- Update your site – On a business website, customers are regularly seeking information and answers to their questions. Update your content regularly for a better listing on search engines.
- Build citations – On multiple sites, accurate profiles with consistent information linking to your business site are crucial to search engine indexing.
- Aggregators – Aggregators like Infogroup and Factual license date to search engines, mobile apps, and GPS, to reinforce search results.
- Engaging content – If you have a blog, post regularly and include photos and videos for customers to enjoy.
Why It’s Important
The right local SEO services will help increase traffic to your website and connect you with prospective customers. How? Through the careful selection of relevant keywords and geographic targeting. If you’re a plumber or electrician, focusing on the community, first and foremost, is crucial.
- An SEO strategy is focused on optimizing your business’ services and website
- Successfully executed local SEO allows you to stand apart from the competition on search engines