On Hold Messages for Plumbers, HVAC Companies and Electricians
Contractor 20/20 Has Music on Hold Messaging to Promote Your Business
Leaving a customer on hold with dead air will result in lost profits for your business. Message on hold marketing is a professionally produced audio program played through your office telephone specifically for callers who are on hold. The program combines the spoken word (the narrative), with a musical background (the music bed). Professional voice artists dictate the narrative and each program lasts about six minutes, looping continuously. Contractor 20/20’s Message on hold marketing is unique in the industry, and our message on holds are designed so they can be used for other purposes. To find out what makes our message on holds unique, call us today. Contractor 20/20 has the expertise and knowledge to help you implement this system at your business, and we can get you started right away.
Message On Hold Samples
Click Here for Rudd Plumbing Sample
Click Here for Giannone Plumbing Sample
Important Facts and Benefits Of Music On Hold Messages
- 60% of callers who listen to silence while placed on hold will HANG UP after only 40 seconds.
- 34% of those that hang up will NEVER call back.
- It is 10 times less expensive to sell additional products and services to your existing clientele than it is to attract new clients.
- 94% of a typical advertising budget is spent getting people to call. Only a small portion of time and money is spent to handle the call once the call is received.
- 52% of calls made to businesses are from cellular phones. Because callers cannot hear buzzing or beeps, they believe they have been hung up on and proceed to hang up themselves.
- An estimated 70% of business phone callers are put on hold.
- An estimated 60% of business phone callers put on hold will hang up without messages & music on hold.
- An estimated 30% of these phone callers DO NOT CALL BACK!
A national study published by the North American Telecommunications Association reports:
- Phone callers with SILENCE ON HOLD will abandon their phone calls in less than one minute; 90% hang up within 40 seconds.
- Phone callers with MUSIC ON HOLD will stay on the line 30 seconds longer than with only silence.
- Phone callers with MESSAGES ON HOLD will stay on the line for up to 3 minutes longer.
US West Communications found that messages on holds result in:
- A 40% increase in retention of phone callers on hold
- A 15% increase in inquiries
- A 12% increase in requests for products and services mentioned on hold
Even More Message On Hold Facts:
- Telemarketing Magazine – “Over 70% of business phone callers are put on hold…”
- OfficeTeam Survey – “The average executive spends 17 minutes per day on hold…”
- CNN Survey – “The average person spends 60 hours per year on hold…”
- CNN Survey – “Without on hold music or messages, 60% of those on hold will hang up and 30% won’t call back…”
- Cellular Marketing Magazine – “Over 85% of phone callers prefer on hold messages over silence…”
- Telemarketing Magazine – “Surveys show that 15% to 20% of phone callers make purchases based on information they heard on hold…”
- MaxiMarketing–Survey results found that 88% of callers preferred On Hold Messages to other hold options, and 16% made purchases based on an on hold offer.
Reasons to Have a On Hold Message:
- Many customers do not know the full line of services you offer. On hold messaging is a great opportunity to inform them.
- Cellular phone users who cannot hear normal buzzing and beeps often feel abandoned or believe they have been hung up on.
- It is a great opportunity to market your website address.
- Creates a positive customer experience.
- Cross-sells products and services.
- Highlights special promotions.
- Builds brand awareness.
- Provides a “talking newsletter.”
- Reaches a highly targeted audience.
- Increases sales revenue.
We’ve done the research and have the knowledge to turn your phone into a profit center. Listed below are several samples of messages and music on hold that current clients are using right now. Don’t let this opportunity slip by—take advantage of this service by contacting Contractor 20/20 to learn how you can get started with this important marketing program.